As part of the application process you will need to write a personal statement that helps the selection committee learn about your career goals and motivation for becoming a registered dietitian. The personal statement should be 1000 words or less and address the following questions:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What experiences helped prepare you for your career in dietetics?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What other information do you consider important for the selection decision?