- Undergraduate Education
- TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS, 1986
- B.S. in Food Science Technology
- Graduate Education
- HOUSTON VETERAN AFFAIRS MEDICAL CENTER - HOUSTON, TEXAS, 1990
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Accredited Dietetic Internship
- TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITY - HOUSTON, TEXAS, 1990
- M.S. in Nutritional Science
- TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITY - Denton, TEXAS
- Ph.D. in Nutrition
- 2013-Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Outstanding Dietitian
- 2010-Texas A&M University Mentoring Award, Department of Nutrition and Food Science
- 2004-Texas Dietetic Association Dietetic Educator of the Year
- 2003-Fish Camp Namesake, Texas A&M University
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 210/FSTC 210: Horizons in Nutrition and Food Science
- NUTR 211: Scientific Principles of Food
- NUTR 304: Food Service Mgmt
Karen Beathard, MS,RD,LD is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Nutrition and Food Science and manages the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic Program in Dietetics at Texas A&M University. She also has applied industry experience with emphasis in food service management, clinical dietetics and private consultation.
Mrs. Beathard is a professional member and volunteer for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (The Academy), Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (T.A.N.D.), T.A.N.D. Foundation, Mid-East Texas Dietetic Association (METDA), Foodservice Systems Management Education Council, and the Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors and Management in Food and Nutritional Systems Practice Groups. She currently serves as the Past President of T.A.N.D. and Texas Student Dietetic Association (TSDA) Liaison. Past professional positions include T.A.N.D. President, T.A.N.D. Foundation Director, METDA President, METDA Legislative Co-Chair and The Academy Foundation Fundraising Co-Chair. Other related positions include current faculty advisor for the Nutrition Dietetic Association, past faculty advisor for TSDA and past member of the Walker County American Heart Association Board of Directors.
Her community involvement includes participating in the St. Joseph Healthy communities through facilitation of a local eating disorder support group and volunteering in the College Station Independent School District, Epicures Thanksgiving Feast for the indigent, KBTX Canned Food Drive, American Heart Association Heart Walk, Relay for Life, and Walk Across Texas Program. Mrs. Beathard has received many honors including the 2010 Department of Nutrition and Food Science Mentor Award, 2004 Texas Dietetic Association Dietetic Educator of the Year and Fish Camp Namesake at Texas A&M University in 2003.