Primary Emphasis Area: Exercise Physiology
Nutritional and exercise interaction on skeletal muscle, inactivity, aging and microgravity
1. Acute resistance exercise augments integrative myofibrillar protein synthesis Heath G. Gasier, James D. Fluckey, Stephen F. Previs, Michael P. Wiggs, Steven E. Riechman Metabolism Clinical and Experimental 2011
2. Gasier HG, Fluckey JD, Previs SF, Wiggs MP, Riechman SE. Acute resistance exercise augments integrative myofibrillar protein synthesis. Metabolism, 2011. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 21864869 *
3. Cumulative responses of muscle protein synthesis are augmented with chronic resistance exercise training. Gasier HG. Riechman SE. Wiggs MP. Buentello A. Previs SF. Fluckey JD. Acta Physiologica. 201(3):381-9, 2011
4. SAFETY OF USING THE ADULT OMNI RESISTANCE EXERCISE SCALE TO DETERMINE 1-RM IN OLDER MEN AND WOMEN: Gearhart Randall E. Jr.; Lagally Kristen M.; Riechman Steven E.; et al. PERCEPTUAL AND MOTOR SKILLS Volume: 113 Issue: 2 Pages: 671-676
5. Cumulative responses of muscle protein synthesis are augmented with chronic resistance exercise training. Gasier HG, Riechman SE, Wiggs MP, Buentello A, Previs SF, Fluckey JD. Acta Physiol 2010 1748-1716
6. Gasier HG, Riechman SE, Wiggs MP, Previs SF, Fluckey JD (2009). A comparison of 2H2O and phenylalanine flooding dose to investigate muscle protein synthesis with acute exercise in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009 Jul;297(1):E252-9. Epub 2009 Apr 14. *
7. Riechman SE, Lee CW, Chikani G, Chen VC, Lee TV. Cholesterol and skeletal muscle health. World Rev Nutr Diet. 2009;100:71-9. Epub 2009 Aug 17.
8. Gearhart RF Jr, Lagally KM, Riechman SE, Andrews RD, Robertson RJ. Strength tracking using the OMNI resistance exercise scale in older men and women. J Strength Cond Res. 2009 May;23(3):1011-5.
9. Gearhart RF, Lagally KM, Riechman SE, Andrews RD, Robertson RJ. RPE at Relative Intensities following 12-Weeks of Resistance Exercise Training in Older Adults. Perceptual and Motor Skills 106:893-903, 2008. *
10. Riechman, S.E., R. Andrews, D.A. MacLean. Saturated Fat Ingestion Regulates Androgen Concentrations and May Influence Lean Body Mass Accrual Response J Gerontol Med Sci. 63 (11): 1260-61, 2008. *