- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Yang, S, Li, T, Zhang, A, Gao, R, Peng, C, Liu, L et al.. Dysregulated autophagy in hepatocytes promotes bisphenol A (BPA)-induced hepatic lipid accumulation in male mice. Endocrinology. 2017; :. doi: 10.1210/en.2016-1479. PubMed PMID:28323964 .
- Botchlett, R, Li, H, Guo, X, Qi, T, Zhao, J, Zheng, J et al.. Glucose and Palmitate Differentially Regulate PFKFB3/iPFK2 and Inflammatory Responses in Mouse Intestinal Epithelial Cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6 :28963. doi: 10.1038/srep28963. PubMed PMID:27387960 PubMed Central PMC4937440.
- Yu, J, Marsh, S, Hu, J, Feng, W, Wu, C. Gut Microbiota and Metagenomic Advancement in Digestive Disease. Gastroenterol Res Pract. 2016;2016 :4703406. doi: 10.1155/2016/4703406. PubMed PMID:27247566 PubMed Central PMC4877475.