To be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian nutritionist, interns must receive a verification statement that confirms successful completion of the supervised practice. To receive a verification statement, interns must accomplish the following:
- Complete a minimum of 1280 hours of supervised practice rotation hours with approximately 50% of these hours in a clinical setting;
- Earn an overall evaluation score of 80% or better for each rotation of the supervised practice;
- If an intern receives an evaluation score less than 80% for a particular rotation, the intern must repeat these hours.
- Meet all core competencies for the registered dietitian nutritionist during the supervised practice and Professional Internship course.
- Complete all course assignments for the Professional Internship course.
Note: Interns in the Dietetic Internship with Optional Graduate Credit are not required to graduate from their graduate program to receive a Verification Statement.