The Pre-select option has been approved by ACEND for the Texas A&M Dietetic Internship (TAMU DI) Program. Following are the pre-select guidelines:
- TAMU DI can pre-select up to 6 of 12 Internship spots from qualified applicants who are currently enrolled at Texas A&M University.
- Interns applying for the TAMU DI with Optional Graduate Credit must be currently enrolled in or accepted to one of the following Texas A&M graduate programs prior to February 1: Nutrition, Food Science, Public Health or Kinesiology.
Applicants to the pre-select option must meet the same admission criteria as all applicants to the program:
- Overall GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale, with a GPA of 3.75 or better preferred;
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores with recommended minimum of 308 (Verbal and Quantitative combined);
- Original Verification Statement of completion of academic requirements or Declaration of Intent to complete academic requirements by August;
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.00. Send a check or money order made payable to “TAMU Dietetic Internship Program” mailed to Karen S. Geismar, MS, RD, LD, CNSC at the address below.
- Have a complete application in DICAS, including official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, personal statement, description of work and volunteer experience.
- Application must be completed in DICAS by January 15, 2018, 5:00pm CST.
- An interview may be requested.
Program will notify pre-select candidates and D&D Digital of selections by February 1.
Decisions must be made and communicated by Feb. 1 for pre-select applicants so they have an opportunity to withdraw from the spring match. Alternatively, they may participate in the spring match if the pre-select decision is negative. Applicants to the Texas A&M Dietetic Internship Program may still apply and be a candidate for the DI Program if not accepted during the pre-select process.
Other inquiries regarding the TAMU DI program may be submitted to:
Karen S. Geismar, MS, RD, LD, CNSC
Dietetic Internship Director, Lecturer
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Texas A&M University
100 Cater-Mattil, 2253 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843