Applicants must meet the following criteria to be accepted into either of the Texas A&M Dietetic Internship options:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale, with a GPA of 3.25 or better preferred;
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores with a recommended minimum of 300 (Verbal and Quantitative combined);
- Original Verification Statement of completion of academic requirements or declaration of intent to complete academic requirements by August (Note: Program requirement completion date of verification statement must be no older than 5 years at the start of the dietetic internship program);
- By the start of the dietetic internship program, a minimum of a bachelor of science degree from the U.S. regionally accredited university or college OR foreign equivalent as verified by a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) approved nonprofit agency (Approved nonprofit agencies available at ACEND website);
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.00. Send a check or money order made payable to “TAMU Dietetic Internship Program” mailed to Karen S. Geismar, MS, RD, LD, CNSC at the address below.
The Texas A&M Dietetic Internship program participates in the computerized Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) for the spring application process. Specific instructions on the DICAS application process as available from the DICAS portal. Following are some of the items that should be included with the DICAS application:
- Transcripts and three letters of recommendation are a required part of the application submitted to DICAS. Letters of recommendation should include at two academic references and one from a current or recent employer.
- A personal statement must also be included. Recommended Personal Statement Guidelines can assist the applicant in preparing this letter.
- Include GRE scores with the DICAS application and, upload a copy of the GRE scores as a supplement to the application (note: this is for the DICAS application for both the Non-Degree DI and Dietetic Internship with Optional Graduate Credit options);
- An interview by the Dietetic Internship Selection Committee may be requested.
- Application and ranking set with D&D Digital Systems;
For those applying to the Dietetic Internship with optional graduate credit (DI-GC) option, selection into this option is contingent on being accepted into one of the appropriate Texas A&M Graduate programs prior to the due date for program rankings with D&D. For more information on this option, please visit the DI-GC webpage. A general summary of graduate application criteria and process follows. Please refer to your graduate program of interest for more specific information:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- GRE test scores of at least 300 (Official scores must be sent to the University from ETS);
- Submit an application for the appropriate graduate program, by December 1 for August 2018 start date;
- For many graduate programs, acceptance into a research program by a graduate faculty member in the respective graduate program you wish to apply to is required for admission to graduate school. If so, the applicant should contact graduate faculty they are interested in working with during the fall prior to the spring match.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.00;
- At least three letters or recommendation.
- Information about the application process is available at the following the or the Texas A&M Admissions website or the Texas Public University application website.
The Texas A&M Office of Graduate Studies website provides more information on graduate school admissions
Other inquiries regarding the non-degree DI option may be submitted to:
Dietetic Internship Director