Students are required to complete a minimum of 96 semester credit hours beyond the baccalaureate degree or 64 semester credit hours beyond the master’s degree (including FSTC 685 and FSTC 691 credit hours), and a dissertation. Each student will develop a Degree Plan in conjunction with the major professor, specifying the courses that must be taken.
- NFSC 605 Chemistry of Foods (or equivalent) – 3 credits
- NFSC 606 Microbiology of Foods (or equivalent) – 3 credits
- NFSC 681 Seminar (or department seminar) – 3 credits
- NFSC 685 Directed Studies will vary
- NFSC 691 Research will vary
- NFSC 600+ Elective courses** – 12 credits
- STAT 600+ Elective course – 6 credits
- Total 64 credits
**At least 3 credit hours from coursework outside your area of interest.