Transferring to Nutrition or Food Science


The following are the requirements to be considered for possible transfer as a Nutritional Science or Food Science major, in addition to the University and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences requirements:

  • Have completed at least 24 graded, transferrable hours with a cumulative GPR of at least a 2.5.
  • Must have successfully completed both CHEM 101/111 and CHEM 102/112 with a grade of C or better. BIOL 111 and MATH 141 and 142 (with a C or better) are preferred.
  • Applicants are strongly encouraged to speak with an Academic Advisor prior to submitting their application.

As a transfer applicant you are required to complete Essay A as a part of the application. Please answer the following questions in your essay:

  • Why do you want a Nutritional Sciences or Food Science degree?
  • How will a Nutritional Sciences or Food Science degree help you meet your career goals?

If transferring from a Texas community college, please refer to the Texas Common Course Numbering System website to determine what course numbers will transfer. For students transferring from a another four-year or out of state college/university, please see the Transfer Student Equivalency webpage for more information.

For more information on majoring in Nutritional Sciences or Food Science, please feel free to contact our office for more information or to set up an appointment with an advisor at 979-845-2142 or

Comments are closed.