To be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian nutritionist, interns must receive a verification statement that confirms successful completion of the supervised practice. To receive a verification statement, interns must accomplish the following:
- Complete a minimum of 1280 hours of supervised practice with a minimum of 900 hours in professional work settings.
- Alternate supervised practice hours may provide a maximum of 300 hours
- Earn an overall evaluation score of 80% or better for each rotation of the supervised practice;
- Interns may be asked to repeat a rotation if they fail to earn 80% or better
- Meet all ACEND core competencies for the registered dietitian nutritionist during the supervised practice
- Complete all course assignments for the Professional Internship course.
- Complete preceptor evaluations
Note: Interns in the Dietetic Internship with Optional Graduate Credit are not required to graduate from their graduate program to receive a Verification Statement.