The Department offers several scholarships to Food Science & Nutrition students. Descriptions and links of scholarships are provided below.
Department of Nutrition & Food Science Scholarships
Geoffrey & James Kunkel Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Harry Kunkel established the Geoffrey & James Kunkel Memorial Scholarship as an endowment in memory of his son, Geoffrey Kunkel, and brother, James Kunkel. It was the Kunkel family’s desire to support the recruitment and retention of nutritional science students with this scholarship.
COADC‐Edward A. Hiler Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Edward A. Hiler served as Vice Chancellor of Agriculture and Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and initiated the establishment of the Department of Nutrition and Food Science. Upon his retirement, his friends and the College of Agriculture Development Council established this endowment for students in the Department of Nutrition and Food Science with outstanding academic records, qualifications of a good leader, and a commitment to service.
Tracy L. Winder’88 Endowed Scholarship
- John and Linda Winder endowed this scholarship in honor of Tracy L. Winder’88 for seniors in nutritional sciences who demonstrate leadership, commitment to the dietetics profession, and academic excellence through the One Spirit One Vision – The Texas A&M Campaign.
Blue Bell Creameries/Kruse Family Scholarships
- The Blue Bell Creameries/Kruse Scholarships were generously donated in recognition of the Kruse’s commitment to higher education and their love for Texas A&M University. These scholarships recognize students who have high academic standards and are committed to Dairy Science, Food Science and Technology, or Agriculture Engineering. The students recognized by these scholarships demonstrate strength by leadership and excel in service to Texas A&M University, its students, and the community.
- Verlin and Howard Kruse’52 Scholarship
- Howard W. Kruse/Blue Bell Creameries College of Agriculture Endowed Scholarship
- Ed. F. Kruse/Blue Bell Creameries College of Agriculture Endowed Scholarship
- E. F. Kruse/Blue Bell Creameries College of Agriculture Endowed Scholarship
Karen M. Gremminger’87 & S. Mark Bullard Endowed Scholarship
- Karen Gremminger’87 and Mark Bullard established this scholarship endowment through the One Spirit One Vision – Texas A&M Campaign. It is to recognize students in the Department of Nutrition and Food Science based on academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to education.
Katie McLellan’04 Memorial Scholarship in Nutrition and Food Science
- Donna and Mike McLellan’74 established the Katie McLellan’04 Memorial Scholarship in memory of their beloved daughter, Katie, who was a Nutrition Dietetics major. The scholarship is awarded to junior or senior nutrition or food science students in high academic standing and who demonstrate leadership and a commitment to learning.
Bob Longan Fund for Excellence in Food Technology
- In memory of Bob Longan and his long time career in the Food Science industry, the Bob Longan Fund for Excellence in Food Technology was established by Frito Lay and PepsiCo Inc. and friends of Bob Longan. This endowment recognizes academic excellence and leadership in the Food Science and Technology Program.
William & Mildred Dafcik Food Science & Technology Scholarship
- Town Talk Foods, Ltd. established this endowment to recognize William and Mildred Dafcik and their commitment to higher education. This award is dedicated to students in high academic standing who are pursuing a career in food safety, food science or technology, and preferably to veterans or children of veterans.
Kellogg Company Scholarship Fund
- Kellogg’s Company annually donates funding for these scholarships in recognition of high academic achievement, leadership, and commitment to diversity in food related programs.
C.O. and Willie Ruth Foerster Scholarship
- This scholarship was established by Gordon Foerster and VITIS Research and Development Corporation in honor of C.O. and Willie Ruth Foerster. Awarded to a student in excellent academic standing, this annual award also recognizes a commitment to research by undergraduate students.
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (COALS) Scholarships
- Texas A&M University Scholarship Resources
- AgForLife Student Association – Financial Opportunities
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: For Current Nutrition Students Only
- Texas Dietetic Association Foundation: For Current Nutrition Students Only
- Institute of Food Technologists: For Food Science Students Only. Scholarships Available for Incoming Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors. Applications due in the Spring.
- Meat Industry Suppliers Association: Applications available from department in spring. For students interested in careers in Meat Science.
- Texas Food Processors Association Applications available from department in fall. For current Food Science students only.
- Longhorn IFT-Institute of Food Technologists Applications available from department in fall. For current Food Science students only.
- Alamo IFT-Institute of Food Technologists: For current Food Science students only
- National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDRPB).
- Texas Cattle Women’s Association (TCW).
- Association of Food and Drug & Officials of the Southern States (AFDOSS)
- Southern Association of Dairy Food Manufacturers, Inc.
- Texas Student Dietetic Association