Primary Emphasis Area: Exercise Physiology
Exercise Training and Antioxidant Capacity
Nitric Oxide, Free Radicals and Skeletal Muscle Function
Oxidative Stress and Cardiovascular Disease
Oxidative Stress and Muscle Wasting
1. Lawler, J.M., H.B. Kwak, J.-H. Kim, Y. Lee, and J.M. Hord, and D.A. Martinez. Biphasic stress-response in the rat soleus during reloading following hindlimb unloading. Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise. Oct 5 EPub, 2011
2. Lawler, J.M. Exacerbation of pathology by oxidative stress in respiratory and locomotor muscles with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Journal of Physiology. 589: 2161-2170, 2011
3. Kwak, H.B., J.-H. Kim, K. Joshi, A. Yeh, D.A. Martinez, and J.M. Lawler. Exercise training reduces fibrosis and metalloproteinase dysregulation in the aging rat heart. FASEB Journal. 25: 1106-1117, 2011
4. Lawler, J.M. and A. Hindle. Living in a box or call of the wild? Revisiting lifetime inactivity and sarcopenia. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling. May 4 EPub, 2011
5. Murray, I.V.J. and J.M. Lawler. Vascular dysfunction and glucose dyshomeostasis in Alzheimer’s disease. Experimental Biology & Medicine. 236: 772-782, 2011
6. *Kwak, H.B., J.-H. Kim, K. Joshi, A. Yeh, D.A. Martinez, and J.M. Lawler. Exercise training reduces fibrosis and metalloproteinase dysregulation in the aging rat heart. FASEB Journal. Dec 8 Epub, 2010. *
7. Hindle, A.G., Lawler, J.M., Campbell, K.L., and M. Horning. Muscle aging and oxidative stress in wild-caught shrews. Comparative Biochemistry & Physiology, Part B, 155: 427-434, 2010.
8. Lawler, J.M., J.-H. Kim, W. Song, S. Demaree, and W.S. Barnes. Redox challenge alters skeletal muscle contractility reversibly: Effect of RyR and DHPR Ca2+ channel antagonists and agonists. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. 49: 1969-1977
9. Hindle, A.G., M. Horning, J.E. Melish, and J.M. Lawler. Diving into old age: muscular senescence in a large-bodied, long-lived mammal, the Weddell seal (Leptonychotes weddellii). Journal of Experimental Biology. 212: 790-796, 2009.
10. Song, W., H.-B. Kwak, and J.M. Lawler : Exercise training modulates the NOS profile in skeletal muscle from old rats. Journal of Gerontology Ser. A Biological Sciences and Med Sciences. 64: 540-549, 2009. *