- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 481: Nutrition Seminar
- NUTR 485/685: Critical Evaluation of Nutrition & Food Science Literature: Evidence Based Reviews
Dr. Lupton’s research focuses on the effect of diet on colon physiology and colon cancer with a particular focus on dietary fiber and n-3 fatty acids.
Investigating effects of dietary fiber on colon physiology and colon cancer: focus on microbial fermentation, short chain fatty acids and n-3 fatty acids
- Schroeter, H, Keen, CL, Sesso, HD, Manson, JE, Lupton, JR. Is this the end of (-)-epicatechin, or not? New study highlights the complex challenges associated with research into the cardiovascular health benefits of bioactive food constituents. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2015;102 (4):975-6. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.115.117283. PubMed PMID:26429943 .
- Hong, MY, Turner, ND, Murphy, ME, Carroll, RJ, Chapkin, RS, Lupton, JR et al.. In vivo regulation of colonic cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and P27Kip1 by dietary fish oil and butyrate in rats. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2015;8 (11):1076-83. doi: 10.1158/1940-6207.CAPR-15-0147. PubMed PMID:26323483 PubMed Central PMC4633322.
- Lupton, JR. In this cohort, an apple a day could keep the doctor away. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2014;100 (6):1409-10. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.114.099960. PubMed PMID:25411274 .