- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Zhou, T, Kyritsi, K, Wu, N, Francis, H, Yang, Z, Chen, L et al.. Knockdown of vimentin reduces mesenchymal phenotype of cholangiocytes in the Mdr2-/- mouse model of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC). EBioMedicine. 2019; :. doi: 10.1016/j.ebiom.2019.09.013. PubMed PMID:31522982 .
- Zhou, J, Li, H, Cai, Y, Ma, L, Mathews, D, Lu, B et al.. Mice lacking adenosine 2A receptor reveal increased severity of MCD-induced NASH. J. Endocrinol. 2019; :. doi: 10.1530/JOE-19-0198. PubMed PMID:31505462 .
- Ding, Y, Qian, L, Wang, L, Wu, C, Li, D, Zhang, X et al.. Relationship among porcine lncRNA TCONS_00010987, miR-323, and LEPR based on dual luciferase reporter gene assays and expression patterns. Asian-australas. J. Anim. Sci. 2019; :. doi: 10.5713/ajas.19.0065. PubMed PMID:31480192 .