- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Kyritsi, K, Chen, L, O'Brien, A, Francis, H, Hein, TW, Venter, J et al.. Modulation of the TPH1/MAO-A/5HT/5HTR2A/2B/2C Axis Regulates Biliary Proliferation and Liver Fibrosis During Cholestasis. Hepatology. 2019; :. doi: 10.1002/hep.30880. PubMed PMID:31344280 .
- Cao, Y, Zhang, X, Wang, L, Yang, Q, Ma, Q, Xu, J et al.. PFKFB3-mediated endothelial glycolysis promotes pulmonary hypertension. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2019;116 (27):13394-13403. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1821401116. PubMed PMID:31213542 PubMed Central PMC6613097.
- Xu, J, Yang, Q, Zhang, X, Liu, Z, Cao, Y, Wang, L et al.. Endothelial adenosine kinase deficiency ameliorates diet-induced insulin resistance. J. Endocrinol. 2019; :. doi: 10.1530/JOE-19-0126. PubMed PMID:31189131 .