- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Zheng, J, Xiao, KL, Chen, L, Wu, C, Hu, X, Zeng, T et al.. Insulin sensitizers improve the GLP-1 secretion and the amount of intestinal L cells on high-fat-diet-induced catch-up growth. Nutrition. ;39-40 :82-91. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2017.01.002. PubMed PMID:28606576 .
- Qi, T, Chen, Y, Li, H, Pei, Y, Woo, SL, Guo, X et al.. A role for PFKFB3/iPFK2 in metformin suppression of adipocyte inflammatory responses. J. Mol. Endocrinol. 2017;59 (1):49-59. doi: 10.1530/JME-17-0066. PubMed PMID:28559290 .
- Shi, X, Li, X, Hou, Y, Cao, X, Zhang, Y, Wang, H et al.. Paternal hyperglycemia in rats exacerbates the development of obesity in offspring. J. Endocrinol. 2017; :. doi: 10.1530/JOE-17-0082. PubMed PMID:28533422 .