- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Cai, Y, Li, H, Liu, M, Pei, Y, Zheng, J, Zhou, J et al.. Disruption of Adenosine 2A Receptor Exacerbates NAFLD through Increasing Inflammatory Responses and SREBP1c Activity. Hepatology. 2018; :. doi: 10.1002/hep.29777. PubMed PMID:29315766 .
- Wan, Y, McDaniel, K, Wu, N, Ramos-Lorenzo, S, Glaser, T, Venter, J et al.. Regulation of Cellular Senescence by miR-34a in Alcoholic Liver Injury. Am. J. Pathol. 2017;187 (12):2788-2798. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2017.08.027. PubMed PMID:29128099 PubMed Central PMC5718103.
- Ma, L, Hu, J, Li, J, Yang, Y, Zhang, L, Zou, L et al.. Bisphenol A promotes hyperuricemia via activating xanthine oxidase. FASEB J. 2017; :fj201700755R. doi: 10.1096/fj.201700755R. PubMed PMID:29042453 .